Adult Psychiatrist needed in Saginaw, Michigan. CMU Medical Education Partners, Department of Psychiatry is seeking an Adult Psychiatrist to join our fully accredited ACGME team. We offer a broad range of clinical services along the entire continuum of care. This opportunity is a combination of both inpatient and outpatient and will require one weekend of call per month. The selected candidate will have both clinical and academic responsibility including teaching residents and medical students.We seek a candidate who shares our vision for providing excellent education and high-quality patient care in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Saginaw, MI and the surrounding Great Lakes Bay region offers an attractive mix of small town charm and big city offerings. Residents experience a lower cost of living, easy accessibility to Michigan’s Great outdoors, community events, camping and local concerts and sporting events. The region has a large, diverse and supportive medical community.
Minimum requirements include current board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, eligibility for an unrestricted Michigan medical license and experience in academia consistent with ACGME requirements.
This is a full time employed faculty position that offers a very competitive salary and benefit package. Candidate must be able to obtain a Michigan license and interested in scholarly activities. CMU Medical Education Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Adult Psychiatrist assists the Program Director in all facets of the academic program. Core faculty members will adhere to the ACGME program requirements for patient care without residents.
Staff privileges at all applicable member hospitals/facilities in which Doctor provides or performs services will be maintained with academic work rounds and attending rounds. Faculty will be engaged in providing quality education in a clinical environment, service diverse patients, including the medically underserved and low-income population. Call coverage shall be performed in accordance with the Psychiatry on-call schedule, which may include weeknight, weekend, and holiday call coverage.
2. Administrative – Departmental leadership responsibilities, medical directorships, etc.
3. Research (5%) - Contributes to the departmental research objective on a continual basis. This amounts to an average of one
per monthfor scholarly activity, which would include work on regional or national presentations, research mentoring and
peer-reviewed publications as required by ACGME.
4. Educational (5%)
- Faculty will aid in the planning and implementation of training and educational programs in or relating to their Program, which are under the aegis of CMU Medical Education Partners, including clinics, out-patient services, office-based programs, other community services, and also assist in the evaluation of such programs with an emphasis on adult psychiatry.
- Assists with the annual curriculum for conferences and monitors resident and/or medical student presentations at the conferences, for both the Clinic and member hospitals.
- Maintains access to all patients admitted to any of the services of the department; staffs resident teaching rounds; directs CME; and, aids in the identification and utilization of available community resources in the Training Program of the department.
- Lectures on relevant topics at routine conferences, Grand Rounds topics and other conferences as are educationally required for the residency program.
- Assist the program in the evaluation of residents at all phases of training.
- Participates in clerkship student conferences during each rotation.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Clinic Environment, requiring delivery of patient care (physical dexterity), application of bio- hazard safety training, minimal lifting (not greater than 10 pounds), and computer usage (prolonged eye strain).
The above description provides a brief overview of the essential duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and requirements. It should not be construed as all encompassing. Additional duties may be assigned or deleted as needed.